Distance Learning Benefits in Online Education
What are the benefits of online learning?
There are numerous distance learning benefits which you ought to consider when electing to take an online distance learning course. Discover the benefits of distance learning for yourself, and find out why so many people are choosing online distance learning education programs.
- A huge benefit of distance education is that it meets the needs of students who might otherwise be unable to attend on-campus classes, due to distance or time constraints.
- One of the biggest distance learning benefits is the issue of flexibility and time. Because students are not confined to a classroom for a certain number of hours on a given day, they can approach their coursework with flexibility and complete lessons when it suits their schedule.
- Distance learning programs allow for increased access to learning and encourage life-long learning.
- Distance learning allows students to choose from a wider pool of academic institutions for their ongoing learning.
- Distance learning schools enjoy better marketability, which means that more students can ultimately attend them.
- Distance learning also allows for increased compensation and promotion potential.
- Another benefit of distance learning to students is the ability to do interactive teamwork between groups. Students have the opportunity to correspond with others from different backgrounds and to hear from a variety of experts from around the world.
- Students have access to experts and tremendous volume of online databases, which are also distance learning benefits. Instead of searching for hours through card catalogs and library stacks, students can quickly utilize online search engines to find countless experts' articles and research databases that can aid in their coursework.
- Instructor communication is an additional distance learning benefit. With the evolution of e-mail and Internet chat rooms, instructor-student contact can be maintained and strengthened. This fosters a better educational experience for the distance learning student.
- Have you ever had to make a special trip to campus to drop off homework assignment at two o'clock in the morning? The use of email can allow you to send your homework assignment to your professor at any time of day-safely and conveniently. What a huge benefit for distance learning students!
- Have to take a test? Your distance learning professor can securely allow you to take an exam without the need for attending a traditional classroom miles away. The use of local proctors to monitor the examination process can make the benefit of distance learning even more appealing. Many distance learning institutions require the use of proctors to maintain their accreditation.
- Financial benefits of distance learning exist as well. Without the need to leave your home to spend a semester or a year in a distant city, you can substantially save on transportation, housing, and food costs. It goes without saying that you can keep your full or part-time job, too, when you matriculate to a distance learning institution.
- There are also social benefits to distance learning. Without having to leave your community, you can maintain your personal, cultural, and social lifestyle. Your circle of comfort is maintained, reducing additional stress, as you pursue your degree.
Today, higher education is a necessity for those who wish to work and prosper in an economy that is becoming dependent not on sheer muscle power, but on brain power. Today, the workforce is rewarded for how well and how fast problems are detected and solved, (Saba Ph.d, 2001). Get the skills you need to compete in today's workplace.
The above are some of the benefits of online education that a prospective learner can take into consideration and weigh if distance learning mode of study is suitable for them. With online education programs, every learner certainly has their unique experiences, pros and cons and benefits that they derive from distance learning.
>>Read more benefits of distance learning based on learners' experiences with e-learning.
Have You Taken Classes Online?
What Distance Learning Benefits Would You Like to Share?
Write them below...
Others would love to hear what you enjoyed most about studying online. Share the advantages you enjoyed, as well as your online education accomplishments. We'll create a web page here with your contribution so others may benefit from your online education experience.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Distance education has opened the doors for many people to reach their education potential. You too can open yours by requesting free information from one of these top accredited colleges and universities.
Return to the top of Distance Learning Benefits in Online Education