Online Health Care Administration Degree Programs
Administration and management degrees by distance learning
An online health care administration degree program gives you the knowledge and skills to manage healthcare programs that impact people's lives every day.
A health care administration degree can prepare you for different career positions, ranging from anesthesiologist, athletic trainer, cardiovascular technologist, dental-related positions, dietician, health care manager, nuclear medicine technologist, pharmacy technician, radiologist or a surgical technician, among others.
In addition, online health care management degrees can be earned while achieving related certifications. Earning a degree in health care online opens up various opportunities for people who find fulfillment in helping others and assisting in the management of medical and health services. Degree levels available by distance learning are such as bachelor degree in healthcare administration, masters in health care administration or a PhD in healthcare management. You can also choose to specialize in a related field, or earn a certification in various healthcare specialties.
Featured Colleges with Online Health Care Administration Degrees
The following are accredited schools offering online health care administration and management degrees at both the undergraduate and graduate level as well as certification courses in health care.
University of Phoenix
- Associate of Arts in Health Care Administration
- Associate of Arts in Health Care Administration-Medical Records
- Bachelor of Science in Health Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Health Administration/Health Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Health Administration/Emergency Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Administration/Health Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Administration/Long Term Care
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Master of Health Administration
- Master of Health Administration/Informatics
- Master of Health in Administration/Education
- Master of Health in Administration/Gerontology
- MS in Nursing/MBA/ Health Care Management
- MS in Nursing/Master of Health Administration
- MS in Nursing - Nursing/Health Care Education
- MS in Nursing/Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS in Nursing/Informatics
- BS in Health Care Administration
- BS in Nutrition Science
- Bachelor's in Health Science
- Bachelor's in Health and Wellness
- Master of Health Care Administration
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science in Health Education
Consider the following facts about the growth of healthcare in the coming years and the potential earnings for professionals who earn health care management degrees and administration degrees.
- According to the American Medical Association the median salary of a health care administrator for a mid-sized hospital of up to 500 patients ranges from $57,000 to $89,000 for administrators with ten years of experience; and over $100,000 a year for those administrators with 20 years of experience or more, and over 1,000 patients.
- According to the venture capital firm LearningNet, a health care administration degree shows greater than average growth through 2010, with a compound annual growth rate in new jobs of 45%, thanks mainly to aging baby boomers fueling the need for healthcare. LearningNet predicts that health care management degrees are going to experience one of the fastest increases in salary in the next several years, growing by a compound annual growth rate of 7%.
- According to the research firm Gartner Group, health care professionals are critical to the growth of information systems developed to streamline care for a rapidly aging population. Gartner predicts a 56% compound annual growth in the use of information services, which are focused on making patient care more efficient. Almost all graduates with a health care administration degree also learn how information technologies will streamline healthcare.
In order to qualify for this high-growth profession, you don't have to sacrifice your current job or lifestyle, thanks to technology. That's because it doesn't matter whether you take classes from your home, military base, or anywhere else in the world, as long as you can access an Internet connection, you can effectively and comfortably earn a health care administration degree from an accredited online college or university.
Return to the top of Online Health Care Administration Degree Programs